FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
PLAN TO REOPEN
A Note from Pastor Clear:
Dear Church Family,
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unparalleled times, but God has blessed and sustained us. As we take steps towards a different kind of normalcy, our church will resume services in a different fashion as well. The “Stay Safe MN” executive order by Governor Tim Walz is in effect until May 31st.
The health and safety of everyone attending our services is vitally important. As it is known that the coronavirus is highly contagious, please worship via live stream instead of attending in person if you are in the following categories:
- You have any COVID-19 symptoms or are not feeling well.
- You have had any direct contact with anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- You are a person with a serious underlying health condition.
We know that many of you are awaiting the return of regular worship services. We are making plans to restore services in a manner that would be systematically safe and efficient. Here are the three phases of our plan to reopen First Baptist Church:
PHASE ONE – beginning June 7
- We will be making our first in-person service Sunday morning, June 7th.
- In the parking lot, we will use every other parking space.
- Entrance for worshippers will be made through the main foyer doors. Doors will not open for the second service until 10:45 am.
- There will be two (identical) Sunday morning services: one at 9:30-10:30 a.m. and one at 11:00-12:00 p.m. This one-hour format is temporary. We will continue to livestream our Sunday PM and Wednesday PM services.
- Each service will be limited to 125 people, which also allows for visitors to continue to join us. People will be seated in alternating pews, allowing a safer distance between worshippers. We will also encourage social distancing between families or individuals whenever in the building.
- Signs will be posted around the church and shall be observed by all members and visitors.
- First Baptist Church will eventually create a portal on our website to allow you to sign up for services during these temporary adjustment phases. You will also have the option of calling the office during the week to choose your service time.
- Worshippers will be encouraged, but not required to wear masks. Frequent hand-washing and/or the use of hand sanitizer is also advisable. To allow for appropriate social distancing, we will refrain from handshaking, hugs, or other close contact during this time.
- There will be no nursery or children’s church. Children will sit with their parents, and will not be unattended in the building before or after services. Sunday school videos (Kids Plus SS and Adult SS) will be pre-recorded. These videos will be available to view on the church website and Facebook either on Saturday or Sunday.
- Hymn books and offering envelopes will be removed from pews at this time. Words for all songs will be projected onto the wall screens.
Before and after the services, the auditorium, foyer, and four main bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized. The cleaning team will be required to wear masks and gloves and will be given specific instructions, including detailed cleaning checklists.
A designated offering box will be available at the Guest Services Center to allow for contactless giving. If you’d prefer, you may also give online or via text.
We strongly encourage you to practice social distancing before and after the services, which includes limiting any gathering in the foyer. Moving outside the building following the services allows for continued fellowship while providing more space for social distancing. This is also temporary.
PHASE TWO – TBD
- We will resume in-person services for Sunday PM and Wednesday PM.
- RU and Discipleship will resume.
- We will also provide nursery for all services.
- We will continue to apply safe, healthy practices as outlined in Phase One.
PHASE THREE – TBD
- Sunday school classes, children’s church, camp, AWANA, Patch Club, Youth Chapel, and youth activities will resume.
- We will continue to apply safe, healthy practices.